The Department of Psychiatry provides outpatient diagnostic and counseling services to clients with varied psychological ailments and issues including psychosis, mood disorder, anxiety, neurotic disorders, childhood disorders, substance abuse, marital disorders, psychosexual disorders, and other related problems.
The department is evolving and there is excellent inter-departmental coordination with neurology, urology, and internal medicine in particular.
We also do IQ assessments for the age group of 3.5-4.5 yrs, which helps to diagnose mental retardation, and evaluation of the ability to know how you could perform in school Memory scales are also done.
- Diagnosis & treatment of psychiatric illnesses like depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, mood disorders, etc.
- Neuropsychiatry evolution 7 memory clinic. (With Neurology)
- Liaison Psychiatric services in Polytrauma, Cardiology, Oncology & other services
- Counseling & treatment services for Child Psychiatry
- Management of survivors of attempted suicide & suicide prevention counseling
- Treatment of alcohol & other drug abuse (from counseling & detoxication to rehabilitation)
- Individual, couple & family counseling
- Cognitive behavior therapy
- individual & group stress management
- IQ Testing
- Personality testing
- Neuro logical testings
- Emotional maturity