Acute Pain Service
Acute pain service is around a clock service for admitted patients
Those patients in pain like postoperative patients, posttraumatic patients, labor patients are provided this service on demand. Round-the-clock assessment and management of pain by an expert consultant and his team is the main feature.
The main motto is ambulant yet pain-free patient. Patients are given continuous infusions of pain medicine with disposable portable elastomeric infusion pumps with the facility of patient-controlled analgesia. This makes the participation of patients in pain management possible improving the comfort level of the patient.
Chronic pain service
We at our pain clinic attempt to manage diverse kinds of chronic pain patients.
Following is the list of types of patients having chronic pain, though all types are not mentioned here.
- Neck pain
- Neck pain with headache
- Neck pain with arm pain
- Neck pain with upper back and /or chest pain
- Upper arm pain
- Shoulder pain and stiffness
- Chest pain of noncardiac origin
- Upper and lower back pain
- Lower back pain
- Lower back with leg pain
- Leg pain
- Calf pain
- Heel pain
- Pain due to cancer
Following procedures are done to combat pain:
- Translaminar and /or transforaminal epidural steroid injections
- Facet joint injections for facet pain
- Intervertebral disc injection and discography
- Intervertebral disc ablation/discectomy
- Myofascial trigger point injections/acupuncture
- Nerve and /or plexus blocks /infusions
- Epidural/spinal injections/infusions.
- Use of implantable infusion pump
- Use of spinal cord stimulator devices for indicated patients