Psychiatry & Behavioural Psychology
The Department of Psychiatry provides outpatient diagnostic and counselling service to clients with varied psychological ailments and issues including psychosis, mood disorder, anxiety and neurotic disorders, childhood disorders, substance abuse, marital disorders, psychosexual disorders and other relationship problems.
The department is evolving and there is excellent inter-departmental coordination with neurology, urology and internal medicine in particular.
We also do IQ assessments for the age group of 3.5-4.5 yrs, which helps to diagnose of mental retardation, and evaluation of ability as to know how you could perform in school Memory scales are also done.
- Diagnosis & treatment of psychiatric illness like depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, mood disorders etc.
- Neuropsychiatry evolution 7 memory clinic. (With Neurology)
- Liasion Psychiatric services in Poly trauma, Cardiology, Oncology & other services
- Counseling & treatment services for Child Psychiatry
- Management of survivors of attempted suicide & suicide prevention counseling
- Treatment of alcohol & other drug abuse (from counseling & detoxication to rehabilitation)
- Individual, couple & family counseling
- Cognitive behavior therapy
- ndividual & group stress management
- IQ Testing
- Personality testing
- Neuro logical testings
- Emotional maturity